Saturday, October 4, 2008

Something New at WTSM!

If you look to your right, you'll see a new feature here at Welcome to Silent Movies: the Photo Album.

I have a lot of photos, stills, etc., that I've collected over the years, and have always wanted to put them on the site but was worried about exceeding my space allowance from my hosting service.

Thankfully, Google has really upped their Picasa photo album service, so I'm giving that a go. I've started with putting about half of a set of silent star "trading cards" up. Entitled "50 Different Photos of the Leading Moving Picture Stars" (for only 10 cents!), the signed (in the negative) cards are from the Kromo Gravure Photo Co. of Detroit, Michigan.

It also says it's "Set No. 1;" has anyone ever seen Set No. 2?

No matter. As I said, I've gotten about half up; I'll try to get the rest if not tomorrow then next weekend (along with more).

I've created a page where I'll list the different albums, to make it easier to organize and find.

As always, comments are welcome. In the meantime, enjoy the pictures!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home